Banana Hammock!

High-speed broadband 
is here! Up to 8Mb broadband from only £9.99 per month. Free setup available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Feels... Weird

Well, today was interesting!
Last Friday I finished work at Oxford Instruments and, much to my surprise, I was kind of sad! After all of my complaining about how the work was boring and I couldn't wait to finish moving stuff around, I actually grew to enjoy the place. The people were good, the job wasn't too taxing, and I got to drive around a lot in a van! But alas, for some reason I decided that RM would be a better option (mainly due to being a tiny bit more money!!)

So, today was my first day back at RM. Given that every time that I have worked at RM I have left vowing never to return, somehow I keep ending up back there! I wasn't worried about starting there again, I have worked there so many times that I know most of the full-time staff, and a few of the temps too. What did have me nervous last night was thinking about seeing Christine again. Although we have kept in contact through texts, I haven't seen her since November, so the thought of seeing her again was an odd one.

The moment I walked back through the door at RM I wondered why! The day hadn't started well because I couldn't sleep! I woke up at 2am looked at my clock and was absolutely convinced that it was 6:30, the time I was meant to be getting up. I was so convinced that I actually get up, turned my light on and thought about getting dressed! It was only when I really started thinking that I realised the actual time. This would have been ok, go back to bed and sleep for another 4 hours, except the same thing happened at 4 and 5am! Think I'm going crazy!

So I eventually get up at the right time, get ready and leave for RM. But it was really during the induction, which I have done 5 times now, that I realised I shouldn't be there! I could have got such a better job if I just applied myself, but there-in lies the problem: I can't be arsed!

So, the fun day of RM work began. Oddly, the one thing that I was most nervous about ended up being the one real highlight of the day. Seeing Christine again was odd, but nice too. It was at the end of the day when I had talked to her a few times that I remembered why I liked her in the first place, she is just fun and I find her really easy to talk to! So maybe RM won't be so bad, and having Christine as a friend again would be nice!

So Christine, if you read this, you ain't so bad after all!

Much Love

1 Comments:

  • well, i'm sure that you can guess who it is, as i did say that i would take a read! most interesting...! Glad that you enjoyed your first day so much???!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home