Banana Hammock!

High-speed broadband 
is here! Up to 8Mb broadband from only £9.99 per month. Free setup available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Uni = Chopped

And it is over.
In seemingly the shortest 3 years ever, my time at Uni has come to an end. After my 4 exams, 2 good 2 not so good, I had a week and a bit to relax before having to leave. It has been the strangest feeling having time to reflect on what I have actually done over the last 3 years. All I could come up with is that I have missed a shit load of opportunities by simply not taking any chances. I can honestly say that the more I think about it the more it annoys me. In the latest case, I waited until my last night at Uni to tell someone how I really felt about them, and then didn't even bother to listen to any reply through fear of rejection!
Anyway enough about that, just thought I would have a little rant at myself!
So, yesterday I left Uni. I can honestly say it is the worst I have felt in a long time. The sudden realization that I wouldn't be returning and that I would never see a lot of the people I know again was not a nice feeling. I have never really been that good at goodbyes. It's not that I get all teary and upset, it's more that I completely avoid them. But for once I went round my entire bloke and said goodbye to everyone, as well as those other people who I care about enough to want to say goodbye to. Some goodbyes were sad, some of the girls get upset, and some were pretty brief, one in particular because of what I had said the night before to her!
But eventually I had to succumb to the fact that I had to leave. It all left me feeling quite numb and I didn't know what to do with myself!

One positive thing yesterday was one of my oldest and best friend's 21st birthday. It was a chance to immediately be surrounded by friends again and sort of blocked the Uni stuff out, although everyone was asking about it. When they did I just spouted the same generic answer of 'Dunno what I'm gonna do' and then left it at that!

Anyway, I'm gonna leave it there. I start work at 6am tomorrow morning, so I have to get up at 4:45! I'm trying to watch as much TV as I can before then!

Much Love

6 Comments:

  • I think missed chances are a common theme at uni! I guess the trick is to learn from it and try not to miss them in the future. Next time I'm back home I'll let you know and we'll meet up.

    By Blogger Dan, at 8:01 am  

  • oi! You never said good bye to me! cheeky sod!

    By Blogger Slink, at 11:37 am  

  • I did say goodbye! At your house! Plus I knew I would see you on thursday!

    By Blogger Pubis, at 7:01 pm  

  • Nice site!
    [url=http://vftbokax.com/byjz/ijgr.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://dtwocpez.com/fsgj/nnvk.html]Cool site[/url]

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:47 am  

  • Great work!
    My homepage | Please visit

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:47 am  

  • Great work!
    http://vftbokax.com/byjz/ijgr.html | http://lsvdnobk.com/tysx/uags.html

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home