Banana Hammock!

High-speed broadband 
is here! Up to 8Mb broadband from only £9.99 per month. Free setup available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Amazon are funny!

A nice edition to my previous post, from what I have been reading on various forums today, there is a good reason why amazon haven't shipped my order!
To fully understand this I should explain that amazon started taking pre-orders for the Xbox 360 on August 17th. I didn't order mine until September 11th, but I still felt that I was in with a chance of getting the console!
Whilst browsing some forums recently, I happened upon a thread that was all about pre-orders placed at amazon.co.uk, and started to read it. Turns out that amazon started shipping the xbox to people, but not those who had ordered earliest, there were people being sent consoles who hadn't ordered until October.
To cut a long story short, it appears that amazon has cocked up using it's own system.
When you order something on amazon, the order gets randomly sent to 1 of 3 fulfillment centres in the UK. It turns out that when amazon received their quota of consoles for dispatch, they sent all of them to 1 centre! This means that lots of people have been missed out, many of whom ordered very early!
As compensation amazon have now sent out a £10 vouchers! Just what I wanted. They have also said that they can't promise that the console will be delivered before Christmas, something which they had previously promised provided you ordered before November 2nd (gutted Dan :-P)

Anyway, that's my little story, though I would write it down as I have nothing better to do!

Much Love

2 Comments:

  • gutted indeed. Amazon updated my delivery estimate this morning to 21st Feb!!! Doh! oh well, at least I won't have to resist it over exams.

    By Blogger Dan, at 10:45 am  

  • Yeah, mine is now the 22nd, amkes loads of sense!

    By Blogger Pubis, at 3:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home